Home Insurance

Is you home covered adequately enough?

It’s important to make sure you’ve got the right amount of cover for your home so that you’re not underinsured. Your insurance cover should always match the true replacement/rebuild cost of your property. This means in the event of a claim your replacement cost will be based on your sum-insured.
Underinsurance can mean you end up paying the financial gap between your insurance claim payout and the costs of replacing or repairing your building, plus other costs – such as rental accommodation – while your insurance claim is assessed and finalised and rebuilding is underway.
We strongly recommend our clients engage a qualified builder or valuator to determine the true rebuild cost of your home.
Contents Insurance covers the financial cost of repairing or replacing your personal possessions and furnishings, such as mobile phones, laptops, curtains, furniture, white goods, stereo, TV, computers and other electrical appliances, clothing, jewellery, sporting equipment and even the kid’s toys.
If you wish for your personal contents to be covered away from the home & or for little mishaps, make sure you request this option as not all policies cover this automatically.

Remember no two policies are ever the same!


Landlord building and contents insurance usually covers your building against risks from catastrophes, such as fire, storms and other natural disasters. It will usually include cover for the fixtures such as light fittings, carpets, ovens, stovetops and window coverings.
A landlord’s policy can include many options such as accidental damage caused by tenants, theft of your property by your tenants, malicious damage caused by tenants. Again, not all policies are identical so make sure you have a discussion with our team here at National Insurance Brokers.


If you are a landlord of a short-stay rental property, such as a holiday rental, and your property is professionally managed, you can get a short-stay landlord policy which covers situations unique to holiday properties.

Not all insurers & or underwriters can offer this solution. Our team can assist you with all your Investment Property requirements.